Monday, May 4, 2009

Are jobs that I have to call people and ask them for their opinion paid on commission or set?

i'm not doing any selling.. just calling random people and asking for their opinions and research. Are these kinds of jobs often set paid or what? how does it work? do you know?

Are jobs that I have to call people and ask them for their opinion paid on commission or set?
Survey work is paid at a set (but low) rate. If you are bilingual you may get a higher pay rate. In Canada the average rate for survey work is $9 an hour. And can be as high as $11 an hour if you are bilingual.





The work itself is not always constant. Sometimes there is lots of work, and other times there is not very much. But you will get paid for when you do work.





For me, there were times when I had no work for several weeks. I still had to call in every day to find out if there was any work. January and February (middle of winter) are usually slow months.





Some companies give quarterly bonuses depending on how many surveys you do, and other companies don't.





And one more thing - you may be required to work a weekend shift. The weekend requirement was interfering with my work-life balance. I eventually got told that if I did not work weekends, I would be fired. So I left.
Reply:I think that you get paid both an hourly pay and part commission for making the sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment