Monday, April 26, 2010

How can I get involved in product testing for baby and/or childrens products?

Every time I have bought a baby/toddler product whether it be shampoo or a bouncer or a bib, I always share my opinions with the company. Sometimes I find a truly great product that I just couldn't do without and I praise the company, but most of the time, I find design flaws or things that could use improvement, and I definately share my opinion then. Either way, since I already have to buy these products as I have two toddlers and a baby on the way, it would only make sense that I work testing these products and either get paid for my opinion or given the items for free in exchange for my opinion. Has anyone else done product testing for these types of items? Did you get paid for it, either in cash or goods, and how did you get involved in it?

How can I get involved in product testing for baby and/or childrens products?
I was able to get into the panel of Pinecone Research http://www2.pineconeresearch.com/ when they were looking for respondents for surveys targeting moms with 0-12 months old babies. I was given surveys to answer online. I also got the chance to test and evaluate various baby and children's products sent to my home, whereby a week l will answer a survey pertaining to the product.





The pay is only $5 per survey, but it was the fun of it learning about new products from big companies





However, it is not easy to get into the panel of Pinecone. I think I responded to a call for respondents from a baby magazine (possibly Parenting magazine). I occasionally see Pinecone also using banner advertising in some websites though I am not sure if they are still advertising and where they are advertising.
Reply:I think you are doing a great thing. Keep it up! Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment