Monday, November 16, 2009

After 3 yrs.Is $16.64 an hour good pay? What's your opinion?

I also have 180 hours PTO a year and total coverage benefits. I work at a group home for people with developmental disabilities in So. California. The 2 previous years my raises have been 7%, this past week, I got my three year review and got a 4%! Does this sound like okay compensation for this type of work? Or am I getting shafted...

After 3 yrs.Is $16.64 an hour good pay? What's your opinion?
It is difficult to answer your question in the absence of particulars like your qualification and profession !!. The minimum wage is $8.00, and salary seems to be satisfactory !!
Reply:A 5% raise is average. I can't reply with your compensation because I do not know in what field you hold your degree or what your position in the company is. Many things affect your compensation.





Still, I can give you an comparative example. I knew a girl who was making 8.50/hr. She graduated with a Bachelors in Accounting and immediately was promoted to almost $17/hr because the company didn't want to lose her. Take into account that she had worked for the same company for nine years, (only about 5 in accounting) and only received a .50 raise after about 5 years. (The boss is scumbag and she's a mean little witch so I guess they're both getting what they deserve.)





In the end.... compare, check around, and check out the link below to see where you rank in your field with your experience.





I hope that helps.....


Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment